Thursday, March 6, 2014

New Limited Edition Maybelline

Hello everyone! I'm back again with a drugstore alert on some new, limited edition Maybelline products!

About a year ago I became insanely obsessed with the Maybelline 24 hr Color Tattoos (my favorite being Bad to the Bronze). Well, Maybelline seems to have come out with some new shades that seem to be taking a more "nude" approach. 


The color I have right here is in Nude Compliment. I got two more colors but this was by far my favorite. It is a gorgeous icey taupe which is my favorite kind of everyday color. I love colors like this because I love bright lip colors and you can match a color like this with any kind of lipstick. 


This color is in the same kind of vein as Bad to the Bronze but is cooler and more taupe rather than bronze. When swatched the color comes off very pigmented but I do find that I need to build up the color a little on my eyes to get the kind of intensity I want. What is nice is you can wear it sheer with one coat for a more everyday look, or you can build it up for a slightly smokier look. 

Next in my mini haul is this gorgeous lipstick in Ravishing Rose. This is a limited edition color in their The Buffs collection. They have other colors but many of them seemed as though they would come off looking like concealer on my lips. This is a still a light color but I feel as though I can still get away with not wearing gloss over it. 


This lipstick is a gorgeous pastel coral-pink that I think is perfect for the upcoming spring months. The formula is creamy and the pigmentation is spot on. I got about a three hour wear time with this lipstick (because of eating and drinking) but didn't mind reapplying because the formula was so comfortable. 


I wore these two products together yesterday and I absolutely loved the combination. The combination of the cool color on the eyes and the pastel color on the lips made me wish that spring was closer than it actually is. Here's to hoping these new spring collections can will spring into existence! 

Have you found these limited edition products in your drugstore? What did you try?

No comments:

Post a Comment