Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thrift Store Problems

It is a good day thrifting when the thrifting gods smile down on me and I find an item I've searched far and wide for. This happened a few weeks ago when I found extremely comfortable combat looking boots at a thrift store a few blocks from where I live. They were the perfect pair. I got so excited that I didn't mind that they were almost $10. I brought them home and awaited the day it wouldn't be too hot to wear them.

This past Saturday I decided to clean the boots and let them see the sunlight. After cleaning them I put them on and noticed some black specks on the floor. I assumed it was nothing and went on my merry way. Literally two minutes later I can no longer step properly on my right foot and realize that the heel of the boot has completely disintegrated.





I was in complete shock. They seemed to be in great condition and yet this still happened. Granted, this is a freak accident but I guess it goes to show that you never know when it comes to thrifting items. It definitely won't stop me from my mission to find awesome black boots. I just have to remember how excited I was to find these and hope I'm lucky enough to find another pair :)


No comments:

Post a Comment