Thursday, November 7, 2013

New Profusion Holiday Palettes: Twinkle Twinkle

Hi everyone! Last night I stopped at a few Walgreen's to look for the new Revlon Matte Balm in Standout. Unfortunately I only found one and it was tampered with (Revlon needs to rethink how they sealed these new products) so I went on to take a look at all the new holiday palettes that are popping up. 
Pictured above is my mini haul. Everything together cost $7.63. Woohoo for affordable make up!
Today I will be taking a closer look at this Twinkle Twinkle palette made by Profusion for the holiday season. Profusion seems to pop up every holiday season in Walgreens across America. I remember them last year for the mini circular palettes and their attempt at dupes for the Naked palettes. I bought a lot of these palettes for friends for the holidays so I wasn't familiar with the quality of their products. I decided that this year I would try out some of their palettes. 
I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous colors in this Twinkle Twinkle palette. In the first Walgreens I went to, these were the only shades I saw in this type of palette but at a later store I noticed another 5 pan palette with bright colors. 

I thought the colors in this palette were beautiful for this time of year, and judging by the colors I had high hopes that the pigmentation would be spot on. 
In natural light
In bright light (no flash, just literally bright sunlight)

I was quite impressed with the pigmentation of the colors. A couple of the colors seem a little different than how they look in the pan. The first color comes off brassier than it looks in the pan (I was hoping for more of a taupe color) and the last color looks like a beautiful navy in the pan but transfers as a black. 

All of the colors are packed with shimmer. I'm absolutely in love with the teal shade and the chocolate brown shade is a great creases color for an everyday autumnal look. My only complaint color wise is that there isn't a highlight shade in the bunch. 
For the look I created I used the brassy shade all over my lid, the chocolate brown in the crease, the teal in the outer corner and the black as a liner. This look was created over the Urban Decay Primer Potion and so far I have been wearing it for 7 hours now and there is no sign of creasing. 

Overall, I am pleased with the palette. Like I said, I wish there were a highlight shade in the bunch but you can't win them all. I forgot to let you in on the best part: this palette is only $1! The shadows are a great size and they come in an easy to travel with palette. 

Have you seen these new Profusion holiday palettes in your Walgreens? What are your thoughts?

Be on the look out for a review on the Profusion Neo Perle eyeshadow journal. I am quite excited to try that palette next!

No comments:

Post a Comment