Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Many Faces of Halloween

Hello everyone! It is that time of the year...Halloween is back! It is so weird to me having Halloween on a Thursday because I feel like all of the celebrating was this past weekend, but I am also hopeful that Chicago decides to celebrate again this weekend because I came up with one more last minute costume.

Below you will find the multitude of costumes I came up with this year, and some things you can find in your own closet to recreate these last minute looks.  

Black clothes + witch hat= witch

I started Halloween festivities last Friday and last minute came up with this witch costume because my original costume idea wasn't yet complete. I already owned the dress, jewelry, tights and shoes so all I needed to do was make a quick stop to CVS for this witch hat. This hat was only $5.99. I also found $3 witch hats at Target in both purple and lime green. All you need to achieve this witch look is to wear all black, find some cool jewelry and grab yourself a hat. I figured I could go down this costume route because the last time I was a witch I was 5 years old. It was about time for the witch to make another appearance.

Orange beanie + red dress + leather jacket + boots = Spinelli

My Saturday costume, and my main costume, was Spinelli from Recess! I got so excited when I thought of this and was super pumped when I already owned many of the components to this costume. I went to Old Navy to get these orange tights and the red dress (clearance!). I went to Michael's for red duct tape with the intention of creating the stripes on the tights but in the end it didn't work out. All in all I was super pleased with my costume!

Now that brings us to today. Halloween. I decided not to wear an actual costume but still wanted to be festive. I found this shirt at Old Navy for $4 and decided to build an outfit from there. You may notice that I also borrowed certain pieces from the other costumes I posted :) The key to this simple Halloween look is black and orange colors. 

Red polka dot shirt + black bottoms + Minnie ears = Minnie Mouse

Lastly, I am presenting to you the costume I will be wearing this weekend if there are more Halloween festivities to be had. I probably should have worn this last weekend but I completely forgot that I had these ears. I bought these from the Disney store last year but if you don't have one near you I feel like it should be a simple enough DIY using a black headband, tape and cardboard. I remembered that I owned these ears last night and found the rest of the pieces in my closet and voila! Minnie Mouse. I was Minnie last year but this outfit totally trumps last year's. Here's to hoping I can wear it out! And if not, there is always next year :)

What did you decide to be this year? Did you use pieces you already owned or did you go out and buy your whole costume? 

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment