Friday, October 11, 2013

The Evil Queen: A Look at the New E.L.F. Disney Villains Palettes

Hello everyone! I'm back to share with you another of the new E.L.F. Disney Villains palettes. Today we will be taking a look at the Evil Queen palette. 

I don't know about all of you, but my favorite classic Disney villain is definitely the Evil Queen. I feel like she is the most evil and regal of the bunch. 

 
 The artwork on the packaging is just gorgeous. I'm in love with the watercolor aesthetic of it all, and it is definitely part of the reason I gasped when I saw the display at Walgreens. 
Just like the other palettes, this one has how-to instructions for both a day and night look. This is very good for people who might be beginners with makeup, or for people like me who need help branching out into other looks. One thing that did confuse me however, is that for the "night look" they suggest you use the color "witch" (the dark color in the bottom left) as a highlighter for your inner tear duct and browbone. Besides that strange instruction, I thought the suggestions were helpful. 
  Looking at the colors in the palette, I was pretty pleased with the colors chosen for this villain. My only complaint was that I was hoping for a darker lip color, but the shade is pretty nonetheless. 
 I find this eyeshadow palette to be another good one for fall. The colors have decent pigmentation and I had no trouble blending them when I used them. 

**With an eyeshadow primer, my eyeshadow look lasted my whole work day** 
 Top to Bottom: Evil Queen (lip color), Huntsman, Jealousy, Majesty, Witch, Vanity, Dark Magic. 
 For this look I used Huntsman on my inner corner and browbone, Jealousy all over my lid, Majesty in the outer corner and Jealousy again to blend Majesty. 
 I like the look of this lip color but unfortunately it didn't last long on my lips. 
Shirt: Thrifted/Skirt: Thrifted/Belt: Forever21 (old)/Boots: Urban Outfitters onsale now!
And as promised, I created a thrifted look loosely inspired by the Evil Queen. I thrifted this really unique, vintage skirt during the spring at a Goodwill outside of the city. I can't believe it took me this long to wear it!


Overall I am a fan of this palette as well. I like the Cruella De Vil palette a little better but that all comes down to preference. Again, the price of all the palettes are $9.99 and you can find them at most Walgreens.

Have you picked up any of these palettes yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Stay tuned for my next reviews for the Maleficent and Ursula palettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment