Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Favorites

Good morning, everyone! I wanted to take the time today to share some of my September favorites with you. I decided to take a step back from sharing beauty products that I have been loving, and so I decided to share with you some of my favorite clothing favorites of the month of September. All pieces I will be sharing were thrifted by me, except for one. 

 My first favorite is this black and white flower blazer, a.k.a. "flazer". I thrifted this blazer a few months ago, and it has been a staple in my instagram photos ever since. Every time I wear it I get at least one compliment, but this past Saturday it felt like everyone I passed liked it. This is of course an exaggeration but it reminded how much I really love this blazer. Not because people give me compliments, although that doesn't hurt, but because it is a good staple. It is a statement piece that I can throw on with almost anything. It also has the right amount of slouch to it. Cue the angel choir!
 My next favorite is a dress that I bought two winters ago for $4! When I first tried it on the all over pattern was a little out of my comfort zone but I showed my boyfriend and we both liked the cut on me. I wore this dress out in public for the first time two weekends ago for a fundraising event called Noir Bar. I got so many compliments and I felt so comfortable in it all night. I am now in love with the pattern and still in love with the silhouette :)
 This picture depicts two favorites of mine this month. The horse shirt and the polka dot, ripped jeans. I got the shirt from a new Salvation Army for $2 and the jeans from Goodwill, new with tags for $5. These jeans are still being sold in Target for $23! I've been a fan of animals on shirts lately and so I fell in love with this shirt right away. I cuffed the sleeves and styled it with these uber comfortable jeans and voila! 
 I wore this outfit on the last day of September but these black DKNY jeans have been a staple in my wardrobe the whole month of September. I have been on the search for a good pair of high waisted, black jeans, and I think I found them. They are not perfect. They don't have pockets and aren't as high waisted as I was looking for, but they are good quality denim and were only $4. Can't beat that. My favorite way to wear them are with the booties pictured here and a loose top. So basically what I'm wearing in this photo...
My last favorite is this beauteous flower dress. I shared it with you all in one of my recent posts about my Vintage Garage finds. This means I didn't thrift is myself, but it was thrifted by Lost Girls Vintage! I already shared my love for this dress in that post, but I have even more love for it after wearing it out. I felt so comfortable in it and absolutely loved pairing it with combat boots and a dark lip. 

That is all my favorites for this month! What are your favorite thrifted items of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment