Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Apple Lips

 Hi everyone! I thought I would make a quick post about a new favorite drugstore lip combination that I've been wearing the past couple of days. If you follow me on instagram (windycitythrifter) you may have seen my excitement about it yesterday. 

I am a huge red lip lover. I tend to go for the more blue toned reds but after discovering this combination I may find myself preferring a more "apple red".

It all started yesterday morning when I was in a rush to look presentable to the outside world. I decided to stick with just foundation, blush and mascara but knew I should add something else to look a little more alive. I immediately went to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and decided to go with Adore, a beautiful red with some hints of brown. 
I liked the color but thought I needed something to brighten up my face and last minute I decided to grab my Almay Liquid Balm in Apple a Day. 
Left: Revlon's Adore/Right: Almay's Apple a Day

After putting it on I knew right away that I loved it. There is something about a minimal face and red lips that I've been loving lately and I'm so glad I found a combination that looks good and also feels good throughout the day. My lips stay moisturized and they don't look dry. Adore does a great job of creating a solid base and then Apple a Day helps to keep your lips moisturized and looking nice and glossy. 

You can find either of these shades at your local drugstore. Go out and get yourself some apple lips for apple picking season :)



No comments:

Post a Comment