Monday, September 30, 2013

Dupes Day: Dark Lips

I'm thinking of making "Dupes Day" into a series. Let me know in the comment section if that is something of interest to you all. I love me some high end products but if I can find a drugstore (a.k.a. thriftier) option, then I will take it!

This past weekend I was looking through my darker lip colors due to the sudden fall like weather in the Windy City. I recently purchased Mac's Rebel and noticed a similarity between that and Milani's Statement Lipstick in Sangria, which I also recently purchased. 

But it didn't stop there. I also heard that Wet'n'wild's matte lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy was a dupe for Mac's Rebel. So I put it to a swatching test. 
(I apologize for the blurriness of this photo. My camera would not focus.)

As you can see, all lipstick colors are almost identical. Sugar Plum Fairy is slightly darker and has a matte consistency while Sangria swatches identical to Rebel and has a similar finish. 
Mac lipstick in Rebel- $15.00
Wet'n'wild Megalast Lip Color in 908C Sugar Plum Fairy- $1.99
Milani Statement lipstick in Sangria- $5.49



Next up is a long time dark lipstick favorite of mine, Mac's Media. It may be hard to tell in the picture but when swatched on my hand Media looks identical to Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry. This is another color I'm loving for the colder months. 
Mac lipstick in Media- $15.00
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry- $7.49

The prices of these drugstore lipsticks vary depending on where you purchase them but they are all under $9. I think they are a great alternative to a Mac lipstick, and these colors are definitely popular for this time of year (although I like to wear them all year long!). My favorite way to wear these lipsticks is taking Rebel, the lighter color, and then layering Media, the darker color, over it for a beautiful combination. 

What are your favorite drugstore lipstick shades for the autumn months?

No comments:

Post a Comment