Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Childhood, Thrifted

This morning I came across a friend's status stating that she had purchased an old school Polly Pocket set on eBay because she had been reading so much on the 90's. This of course made me nostalgic for my Polly Pockets of the past, which then led me to scold myself for not keeping them all these years. Hindsight is 20/20. 

So, while I plan to also scour eBay for Polly Pockets of my own, I will have to be happy with my most recent thrift haul where I purchased some other things that remind me of my childhood. Oh the joys of buying back our childhoods...

Let's start with this beauty. I found this in the men's section of Goodwill and gasped when I saw Ty! Anyone else a Beanie Baby fan? I had so many when I was younger. Too bad they don't go for much these days. 
The sweatshirt itself is a men's XL. I plan on cutting it up in someway. I will probably cut the sleeves shorter and the length of the sweatshirt since it hits me in a weird spot. I would also love to stud the shoulders. Too much?

Next, I found this Walt Disney World Mickey State University tee. I also found this in the men's section! It is from Walt Disney World Parks and the tags were still attached. Score! Oh, and it fits perfectly. 

In a previous post I wrote how excited I was to finally find a genuine Dooney & Bourke purse, and while this isn't a real Coach bag, it is close enough for me! It is a little hard to tell if it is black or navy (I'm leaning towards navy), but it is in great condition and is a perfect, simply cross body purse. My favorite. 

I had to do a double take when I found this scarf. I thought I saw Franklin D. Roosevelt's signature, and I was right! I just recently saw The Butler in theatres (it is amazing, go see it) and so I was pretty excited to find a U.S. Presidents scarf! It has signatures of past presidents and a color scheme that'll go with my heavily nautical wardrobe. 

This last item was a toss up for me. I have quite the collection of velvet (velveteen?) blazers. Ok, I have three, and this one makes four! I picked it up because I love this color for fall, and I was thinking how easy it would be to throw this on over a graphic tee with some skinny jeans and booties. This too came with its original tags. 

My entire bill came to $24.85. Not bad considering I bought nostalgia and something nice for fall. Have you come across your childhood in the thrift stores lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment