Monday, September 16, 2013

Cruella De Vil: A Look At the New E.L.F. Disney Villains Palettes




A little less than a week ago I came across the new E.l.f. limited edition Disney Villains kits. I purchased last year's palettes (and gave some away for Christmas) so I was very excited to see a new batch with some improvements. The villains this year are the Evil Queen, Cruella De Vil, Maleficent and the addition of Ursula as the newest villain. There are four different makeup kits, a cube of different nail polishes and make up cases featuring each villain. Each product is $9.99, which is an especially great deal for the make up kits because you get to try so many different E.l.f. products.

I decided it would be a fun idea to go in depth with each villain kit and also put together an outfit based on the villain. Today I will be starting with Cruella De Vil.
These palettes come with: A mascara, pencil eye liner, liquid eye liner, shadow brush, eye lid primer, 6 eye shadow palette and lip cream.


One of my favorite improvements of these palettes, over the palettes of last year, is that the look book has a magnetized closure. I also absolutely love that the palette of eye shadows is removable. Perfect for throwing in your purse on your way out the door. 

This may be my favorite palette. The colors, in my opinion, are perfect for fall. The pigmentation of each shade is incredible. It may be hard to tell in my swatches, but even the highlighter shade is pigmented. I also love the lip color in this kit. Looking at the packaging I thought it would be a weird orange on me but it turns out being a nice peachy nude. 




Here is a glance at the look I created with the shadows. I used Maniac on my inner corner and brow bone, Puppy Love on my lid and Fur on my outer corner. I also have the lip cream, Cruella De Vil, on my lips. 


And my Cruella De Vil inspired outfit:
Shirt: Thrifted, vintage Black Jeans: DKNY, thrifted Boots: Urban Outfitters (here)

Have you seen these Disney Villains kits in your Walgreens? They're a great value for your money, and who says being thrifty is only for the thrift stores? Be on the look out for my upcoming posts on the Evil Queen, Ursula and Maleficent!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the Disney series in the makeup industry. ELF is so affordable, I'm interested in the nail set!

    -Chrissy of crashbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I can't wait to use the other kits. So many beautiful colors. Let me know if you end up buying the nail kit. That is the only thing I didn't purchase.

      Delete