Thursday, September 5, 2013

The City of Vintage Love

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend and that some of you were able to hit up the Labor Day sales.

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Philadelphia to visit his family. On Sunday his father had the idea for us to take a tour of downtown Philly and hit up some of the vintage and thrift stores. Who knew there was so much vintage in Philly? We had just enough time to check out five stores before our dinner reservations.

We started out at Sazz Vintage. As soon as I walked in I fell in love. The colors were bright and you could tell right away that the pieces were good quality. I made a bee line to the denim jackets and they were to die for. There was a particular flower jacket that I fell in love with but unfortunately the price tag kept me from picking it up. I didn't end up buying anything from Sazz but it will definitely be on my list of pit stops the next time I'm in Philly.

Our next stop was next door at Briar Vintage. This store sold exclusively male vintage but this might have been my favorite store. Much of the clothing here was military based and everything was in amazing condition. I felt so much history walking around the store and I got really excited when I spotted this treasure. As the daughter of a die hard Yankee fan I couldn't help but take a picture. Not to mention, the pom pom on top made it so cute!








Next on our list was to take a walk to Philly AIDS Thrift but along the way we came across a store called Lost and Found. Most of the items were boutique items (if that makes sense) but they had a small vintage section in both the men's and women's sections. This is where I finally found a Dooney & Bourke bag! I immediately picked it up and started inspecting. I have never come across a Dooney in my thrifting adventures and so I was very excited by the minimal marks on this bag. I turned to the price tag expecting to see a $70 price tag but was shocked to see $35! I clutched the bag to my chest and ran to my boyfriend to share my excitement. It turned out that his father had noticed the bag too and was also impressed with the price tag. Two minutes later I left the store with the bag in hand...after paying of course.















We then wandered to Philly AIDS Thrift and as soon as I walked in I was overwhelmed with the size of the store. I even got lost upstairs trying to find my way down. The store is chock full with anything you could possibly imagine, and I am not over exaggerating. My boyfriend's dad even said he saw a Keurig there. I set to work, brought way too many clothes into the dressing room, and in the end this is what I bought.



Our last stop was Retrospect Vintage. We spent about ten minutes in here because of time constraints but I was so impressed with what little I saw. I picked out four skirts that I tried on over my dress and this is the one I ultimately chose. I fell in love with the pattern of this skirt. It looks like art work and I cannot wait to wear it!

Overall I had a wonderful experience scouring the vintage of downtown Philadelphia. Were you able to explore a new city this past holiday weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment