Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Art Around Your Neck

This past weekend I stopped by the Vintage Garage at 5051 N. Broadway in Chicago. They set up the third Sunday of every month but next month (October 20th) is their season finale so make it out if you can!

It was a rainy Sunday but when I arrived it was pretty hoppin' in the garage. I stopped by a few booths (I'll go into more detail about the treasures I found in my next post) before I settled in at the Lost Girls Vintage booth. These two women are good friends of mine and I can't help but purchase a lot of things when I visit them and Winnie, their awesome orange and white chevron RV. They have a wonderfully curated collection and while it is all vintage, each piece can easily be integrated into a modern wardrobe. 

Like I said, I will be going into more detail about my garage purchases in my next post because today I would like to pay homage to the most beautiful scarf I have ever laid eyes on. 
Unfortunately my camera didn't seem to pick up on the vibrance of this scarf, but it sure did pick up the gorgeousness of the watercolor/tie-dye effect. As Kyla started pulling out scarves to display my eyes fell on this scarf and it was love at first sight. I kid you not. I probably said, "This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen" a million times. It is 100% silk and feels so wonderful on the neck. It keeps my neck warm but is breathable. I knew right away that this had to go home with me.

And evidently, it did! I decided to pair this scarf with a white tank to keep the focus on the beauty of the scarf. Not to mention, there is so much going on with the scarf that I didn't want anything clashing with it. 


I am big into accessories but scarves might be my favorite of all. I often forget to wear jewelry but somehow it is so easy to throw a scarf around my neck, especially when the weather gets cooler. I have found so many beautiful scarves in my adventures and I often feel as though I am wearing art around my neck. I find that a scarf like this is an unexpected accessory to an outfit and spices it up without trying too hard. 

Do you often find scarves like this one? What is your favorite way to accessorize?



No comments:

Post a Comment