Friday, September 20, 2013

Vintage Garage Finds

As promised, I will be sharing with you some amazing treasures I found at the Vintage Garage Chicago this past Sunday. 

I arrived at the garage about an hour and a half before they were going to close. It was pouring outside but as soon as I stepped inside (can a garage really be considered inside?) I was taken by all the vibrant clothes I saw. It doesn't take much for me to be "taken" but I was really impressed with how many vintage clothing sellers there were. 

I first stopped at Bolted Vintage and this beauty immediately caught my eye. I've been obsessed with this shade of purple lately. I recently got a circle skirt in this shade but I was thrilled to find a longer, pleated skirt for the windier days in Chicago. I was also pretty excited when the owner, Michelle, placed my purchase in a reusable bag made from beautiful scraps of fabric. 


Next I stopped at the Weber's Antiques booth. They had little tubs of jewelry organized by type and as I was browsing the selection the owner told me everything was half off. I don't think I paid more than $2 for anything I bought. 


 I was so pleased with the selection but this arm party of bracelets may have been what I was most excited about. I'm not usually a bracelet wearer but something about this combination of bracelets wants me to wear them all the time. And yes, those bells actually jingle :)
 I was very excited when I found this diaper pin. I recently saw a necklace that someone made using a diaper pin and parts of a chandelier (which I also have), and I have wanted to make one ever since. Now I have no excuse. 

 I've also decided to wear pins more, and I thought these were a good place to start. 

Next on the list was to visit my good friends at Lost Girls Vintage. They always pull out some beautiful pieces for me to try on and this time was no exception. I may have gone a tad overboard with this shopping excursion but I just couldn't help myself and I don't regret any of my purchases. 


A beautiful autumnal flower dress. I swear, this dress is the epitome of fall. 

I couldn't bear to leave this dress behind. It has three things I love in a dress: flowers, some sheerness and a 90's feel. The sleeves on this dress are sheer and towards the bottom of the dress also. Vintage, and yet so modern at the same time. Gotta love when fashion is cyclical. 

I was about to leave the Lost Girls Vintage booth and make my way back home when I noticed these awesome hunter green boots out of my peripheral. I walked over and lo and behold they were my size. Ahhhhh! They are Eddie Bauer and the inside of the boots are lined with sheep wool. They were so comfy and fit me perfectly. The bottom of the shoes look brand new so it is possible they were never, or barely, worn. I am so excited to use these for the winter. They're suede so I will have to spray them to protect them, but then they will be good to go. 

I am so excited by all the purchases I made at the Vintage Garage on Sunday. If you live in Chicago, or near Chicago, it is definitely worth a trip out. October 20th is their season finale market so try and make it out if you can! 



No comments:

Post a Comment